Choose a language
About the Journal
Scientific Journal "Professional Art Education" has been issued since 2020 and is positioned as a periodical scientific edition, published 2 times a year. The founder of the journal – H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University.
The journal considers for publication all original research manuscripts (reviewed original scientific articles) that contain new, previously unpublished results, reviews, analytical and conceptual developments on specific humanitarian problems and in particular research in the field of arts education.
The scientific journal "Professional Art Education" is organized with a purpose of highlighting a wide range of actual problems of art and art education development, introduce the readers to the achievements of Ukrainian and world art science, history, and artistic and aesthetic practice.
The feature of the journal "Professional Art Education" is the support of scientific and analytical works of young scientists, including masters and graduate students. The journal is guided by the international standards of review and publication. The texts in the original language of the articles and the extended summary in English are presented in open access on the website of the journal.
The tasks of the journal are aimed at:
- publication of scientific results on the expansion, improvement and presentation of innovative research of art education and related fields;
- expansion of collaboration with foreign scientific publishing organizations;
- improving the culture of reviewing and annotating materials to be published;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
The "Professional Art Education" is focused on scientists, experts and practitioners of contemporary art, for domestic and foreign art historians, who deal with history, contemporary art and the latest methods of studying art, to the general public of his fans.
The main thematic areas of the journal are:
- historical retrospective of art education (historical development of art as a special form of creative human activity; the origin and evolution of the content of art education in the system of professional training of artists; world and national cultural and historical traditions of the development of art education, etc.);
- theory and practice of general art education (the interconnection between theories of art and methods of artistic and aesthetic education, the influence of art on personal development, the methodology of art education in the system of professional training, self-improvement, art and creative activities, etc.);
- innovative trends in the context of the development of modern art education (integration of arts in education, innovative concepts of artistic and cultural paradigms, multicultural approach in art education, improvement of modern methods and technologies of teaching arts in the system of extracurricular, general and vocational education, etc.).
The "Professional Art Education" is guided by the international and Ukrainian ethical code and the rules of publication ethics in order to ensure the effectiveness and quality of publications:
- Committee of Publication Ethics – Ethics Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications of the Non-profit Partnership "Committee on Ethics of Scientific Publications";
- Ethical code of the scientist of Ukraine – Scientific Center of NAS of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Publishing Ethics Resource Kit – rules of ethics for scientific publications recommended by Elsevier publishing house;
- Ethics of publications and prevention of unscrupulous publication practices - the law journal "Law of Ukraine", etc.
Compliance with the rules of ethics of scientific publications by all participants in the publishing process helps to ensure author’s intellectual property rights, improve the quality of the publication and prevent the possibility of improper use of author's materials for the benefit of individuals. However, the Editorial Board of the "Professional Art Education" encourages authors to adhere to the appropriate level of formal and ethical requirements for the preparation and publication of their own research.
- The editorial board of the "Professional Art Education" observes certain publication principles and publication support rules:
- scientific character, objectivity, professionalism, informational presentation of the most significant innovative research in the field of arts education;
- unconditional loyalty to all subjects of the creative process, involved in the creation of the journal;
- involving objective competent reviewers in a work with the aim of unbiased application of double-blind peer reviewing;
- continuous advisory work with authors, aimed at meeting the requirements of international databases such as Scopus and Web of Science on materials content and design.
- The "Professional Art Education" is a non-financial publication.
- The decision to publish or reject materials submitted to the editorial staff shall be taken by the editorial board in accordance with the review clause.
- The editorial staff reserves the right to make editorial changes to the materials submitted to the Journal, to reduce them, to reject manuscripts which do not correspond to the topics of issue or not properly executed, while adhering to the publication ethics.
- Manuscripts rejected by the editorial board shall not be reviewed or returned to the authors.
- Reprinting of the materials, published in this journal, by other publishers is prohibited.
- Neither the editors nor the editorial board are responsible for authors’ expressed opinions and the content of the manuscripts published in the journal. Originality, proofreading of manuscripts and the presence of errors are the sole responsibility of individual authors.
- The editorial suggests that the authors download and sign the consent for the publication of the article in order to enable the possibility of citation, increase the citation index of the author and the journal itself. The editorial also requires the author to provide contact information (surname and name, degree, rank, position, place of employment, Orcid ID or Researcher ID, e-mail address, phone number).
- Articles shall be published in a first-come first-served basis, based on a date of receipt of the article to the editor. The editorial board queues the article for publication after having received payment confirmation. Articles will be assigned in the nearest issues where the spaces are available.
- The editorial board queues the article for publication after having received payment confirmation.
- Each issue of the journal is signed to print based on the decision of the H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University Academic Council. An edition with the article published shall be sent to the authors (by agreement) by mail or issued by the editorial office.
- The electronic version of the article is posted on the official website. The printed version is sent to the authors.
Conflict of interests
In case of conflict of interest, the author of the article has the right to apply to the editorial board of the journal with a reasoned explanation of his own position. In this case, the article is considered at a meeting of the working group of the editorial board. The editorial board may send the article for additional or new review to another specialist. The editorial board reserves the right to reject the manuscript, if the author is unable or unwilling to take into consideration the reviewers’ recommendations or comments. At the request of the reviewer, the editorial board may submit the article to another reviewer, subject to the principles of double-blind peer review.
I. General conditions
1.1. All articles submitted to the editorial board go through the review process.
1.2. The review is conducted confidentially on the principle of double-blind peer-review – when neither authors nor reviewer know each other. Interaction between the author and the reviewer is possible provided it improves the style and logic of the presentation of the research material.
1.3. Only those articles which have scientific value and contribute to the solution of actual problems and tasks are accepted for publication. We separately assess the degree of compliance with the rules for preparing the article for publication.
1.4. The main purpose of the review procedure is to eliminate cases of poor research practices and balance the interests of authors, readers, editorial board, reviewers, and the institution where the research was conducted. The number and type of manuscripts submitted for review, as well as the number of reviewers, the review procedure itself and the comments of the reviewers may vary.
1.5. Review of manuscripts is confidential. By submitting the manuscript, the author trusts the editors with the results of their scientific work. Disclosure of confidential details of the manuscript review violates the author's rights.
1.6. Editors do not disclose information about the manuscript (including information about its receipt, reviewing time, review process, peer review comments, and the final decision) to anyone other than publisher and reviewers themselves. Breach of confidentiality is possible (only) in case of an official statement of inaccuracy or falsification of article materials. In all other cases maintenance of confidentiality is mandatory.
1.7. All manuscripts are subject to mandatory verification of the uniqueness of the author's text using appropriate software.
II. Review structure
2.1. All manuscripts submitted to the editorial board will be sent to two reviewers, according to the area of research. The reviewers are assigned by the Chief Editor. By the decision of the Chief Editor of the journal (under certain circumstances), the appointment of reviewers may be entrusted to a member of the editorial board. In some cases, the issue of choosing the reviewers is being handled at a meeting of the editorial board.
2.2. The peer review of the submitted material takes 14 days. The review period may vary with certain conditions for the most objective evaluation of the quality of the materials provided but will not exceed one calendar month.
2.3. The conclusion of reviewers serves the basis for the decision-making regarding publication, refinement or rejection of the manuscript. The corresponding decision shall be forwarded to the author by e-mail (sms message, etc.).
1. The scientific journal "Professional Art Education" adheres to the open access policy on the content of articles in order to facilitate a more global exchange of knowledge. Full-text access to the scientific articles of each collection is presented on the official website in the "Archive" section. The archiving policy ensures reliable data storge (individual articles, their immutability and compliance with the originals.
2. All materials are distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
3. The editorial board of the scientific journal "Professional Art Education"<"> reserves the right to distribute electronic or paper-based data about individual articles or their parts, which obtained publish status, without notification of the author(s), with all copyrights being preserved based on the Law of Ukraine on Information.
- Journal editorial board "Professional Art Education" adheres to copyright and exercises its powers within the framework of the Law of Ukraine "On Copyright".
- The authors have the right to submit original scientific articles containing the results of historical, theoretical or experimental research with a view to publish them in the “Professional Art Education” journal.
- Authors must confirm that the submitted materials are not under consideration by other publishers and correspond to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements described in the Guide to the authors.
- Authorship should be limited to those who contributed significantly to the development, design, execution, or interpretation of the study. Anyone who has made a significant contribution must be registered as a co-author. All those who somehow participated in the research project should be named in the confirmation section.
- The author (s) of the article must sign the author's agreement for the publicationof the materials and send it to the journal editorial board. If the editorial board decides to reject the article, the aforementioned agreement shall be null and void.
- The author / authors reserve the right to:
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes;
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part to write their own dissertations;
- use the materials of the article for the preparation of abstracts, conference reports, as well as oral presentations;
- post electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the journal official website) on: personal web-resources of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.); web resources of institutions where authors work (including electronic institutional repositories); non-commercial open-source web resources;
- detect significant errors or inaccuracies in his own submitted (published) work and notify the editor of the journal or publisher for rejection or correction of the document.
In all cases, the presence of a bibliographic link to an article or a hyperlink to its electronic copy on the “Professional Art Education” journal official website is mandatory.
To harmonize the rules of ethical conduct of all parties involved in the process of publishing the manuscript of the article:
Authors of the articles are obliged to:
- provide novelty, authenticity and originality of the research results; accompany all materials borrowed from other authors by links to their sources and names of the authors;
- avoid excessive borrowing and plagiarism in any form; to ensure that the article is an exclusive material and has not been previously published or proposed to another publisher;
- participate in the peer review process.
Editorial staff is obliged to:
- treat the author and his scientific approach respectfully and correctly, keep editorial secret, prevent dishonesty when processing materials; ensure the involvement of objective and competent reviewers, apply the practice of double (blind) review.
- not to correct author’s text without agreement with the author upon all editorial corrections);
- prevent the publication of materials that don’t have scientific value, do not correspond the specialization of the journal, contradict its editorial policy and contain plagiarism or have been previously published in other publishers;
- ensure the involvement of objective and competent reviewers, apply the practice of double-blind peer- review.
Reviewers are obliged to:
- adhere to the review period set by the editors;
- treat the manuscript received for review as a confidential document, not to provide it for review to other persons; written reviews should be confidential;
- not to use unpublished data from the manuscript for their own purposes;
- provide an objective, reasoned and correct assessment of the research results.
Compliance with the rules of ethics of scientific publications by all participants in the publishing process helps to ensure authors’ intellectual property rights, improve the quality of the publication and prevent the possibility of misuse of copyrights materials for the benefit of individuals. However, the Editorial Board of the "Professional Art Education" encourages authors to adhere to the appropriate level of formal and ethical requirements for the preparation and publication of their own research.
The journal editorial board condemns the manifestations of plagiarism in articles as a violation of copyright and scientific ethics.
All manuscripts are subject to mandatory verification of the uniqueness of the copyrighted text using paid licensed software (according to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and Plagiat.pl and Antipagliat LLC).
Supported formats .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .odt, .ppt, .pptx, .html, .pdf, .pages, .gdoc).
The author can independently submit the text of the article for anti-plagiarism check and send the results (scanned copy of the document - example) together with other materials.
If the article contains more than 20% of the borrowed text without corresponding references and quotation marks, the article qualifies as containing plagiarism. In this case, the article shall not be considered, and the author will receive a warning message.
Avoid plagiarism is possible under the following conditions:
- using parenthetical citation for words taken literally from a source or dots (space and three dots) for a part of the omitted quote;
- limiting the use of direct quotations;
- placing corresponding references to the borrowed text (sentence, phrase, any statement, proposal);
- paraphrasing information or its generalization in other words;
- placing obtained permission to reproduce illustrations, tables, drawings taken from other authors, below each item.
Self-plagiarism is considered unethical. The author may only cite short phrases from his other works with the placement of the relevant references.