Choose a language
About the Journal
Scientific Journal "Professional Art Education" is issued since 2020, which is positioned as a periodical scientific edition, published 2 times a year. The founder of the journal – H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University.
The Journale provides an opportunity for specialists in art and arts education to publish their scientific and methodological works. Original research are accepted for publication (reviewed original scientific articles) that contain new, previously unpublished results, reviews, analytical and conceptual developments on specific problems in humanitarian research, in particular of arts education.
The scientific journal "Professional Art Education" is organized for a wide range of actual problems of the development of art and art education, acquainting readers with the achievements of Ukrainian and world art history science, history and art-aesthetic practice.
The feature of the journal "Professional Art Education" is the support of scientific and analytical works of young scientists, including masters and graduate students. The journal is guided by the international standards of review and publication. The texts in the original language of the articles and the extended summary in English are presented in open access on the website of the journal.
The tasks of the journal are aimed at:
- publication of scientific results on the expansion, improvement and presentation of innovative research of art education and related fields;
- expansion of collaboration with foreign scientific publishing organizations;
- improving the culture of reviewing and annotating materials to be published;
- adherence to editorial ethics.
The "Professional Art Education" is focused on scientists, experts and practitioners of contemporary art, for domestic and foreign art historians, who deal with history, contemporary art and the latest methods of studying art, to the general public of his fans.
The main thematic directions of the journal are:
- historical retrospective of art education (historical development of art as a special form of creative human activity; the origin and evolution of the content of art education in the system of professional training of artists; world and national cultural and historical traditions of the development of art education, etc.);
- theory and practice of general art education (the interconnection between theories of art and methods of artistic and aesthetic education, the influence of art on personal development, the methodology of art education in the system of professional training, self-improvement, art and creative activities, etc.);
- innovative trends in the context of the development of modern art education (integration of arts in education, innovative concepts of artistic and cultural paradigms, multicultural approach in art education, improvement of modern methods and technologies of teaching arts in the system of extracurricular, general and vocational education, etc.).
The "Professional Art Education" is guided by the international and Ukrainian ethical code and the rules of publication ethics in order to ensure the effectiveness and quality of publications:
- Committee of Publication Ethics – Ethics Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications of the Non-profit Partnership "Committee on Ethics of Scientific Publications";
- Ethical code of the scientist of Ukraine – Scientific Center of NAS of Ukraine and Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Publishing Ethics Resource Kit – rules of ethics for scientific publications recommended by Elsevier publishing house;
- Ethics of publications and prevention of unscrupulous publication practices - the law journal "Law of Ukraine", etc.
Compliance with the rules of ethics of scientific publications by all participants in the publishing process helps to ensure the rights of authors to intellectual property, increase the quality of the publication and prevent the possibility of improper use of author's materials in the interests of individuals. However, the Editorial Board of the "Professional Art Education" encourages authors to adhere to the appropriate level of formal and ethical requirements for the preparation and publication of their own research.
- The editorial board of the "Professional Art Education" observes certain publication principles and publication support rules:
- scientific, objectivity, professionalism, informational presentation of the most significant innovative research of arts education;
- unconditional loyalty to all subjects of the creative process, who are involved in the creation of the journal;
- involving objective competent reviewers in a work with the aim of unbiased application of double-blind peer reviewing;
- continuous advisory work with authors, which is aimed at meeting the requirements of international databases such as Scopus and Web of Science on the content and design of materials.
- The "Professional Art Education" is a non-financial publication.
- The decision to publish or reject materials submitted to the editorial staff shall be taken by the editorial board in accordance with the review clause.
- The editorial staff reserves the right to make editorial changes to the materials submitted to the Journal, to reduce them, to reject manuscripts which do not correspond to the topics of issue or not properly executed, while adhering to the publication ethics.
- Manuscripts that were rejected by the editorial board are not reviewed or returned to the authors.
- It is not allowed to print material in other editions.
- Editors, the editorial board are not responsible for the views of the authors, the views and contents of the manuscripts in the journal. Originality, proofreading of manuscripts and the presence of errors are the sole responsibility of individual authors.
- The editorial suggests that the authors download and sign the consent for the publication of the article in order to cite the publication, increase the citation index of the author and the issue itself. The editorial also requires the author to provide contact information (surname and name, degree, rank, position, place of employment, Orcid ID or Researcher ID, e-mail address, phone number).
- Articles are published in the general order, from the date of receipt of the article to the editor. Articles are distributed in the nearest issues where there are vacant spaces.
- The revision includes articles in the general queue after confirmation of payment for the publication.
- Each issue of the Journale is to be signed on the basis of the decision of the Academic Council of the H.S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University. The journal is sent to the authors (by appointment) by mail or given in the editorial office.
I. General conditions
1.1. The received publications pass review process according to the journal editorial board. The purpose of the review is to facilitate the strict selection of author's manuscripts for publication and to make specific recommendations for their improvement. The review procedure is focused on the most objective assessment of the content of the scientific article and its compliance with the requirements of the journal. Reviewers execute a comprehensive analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of the materials of the article.
1.2. Only those articles which are valuable from scientific points and contribute to the solution of actual problems and tasks are accepted for publication. We separately assess the level of compliance with the rules for preparing the article for publication (see Requirements for the execution of articles).
1.3. The main purpose of the review procedure is to eliminate instances of poorly-practiced scientific research and to balance the interests of authors, readers, editorial board, reviewers, and the institution in which the research was conducted. The number and type of manuscripts submitted for review, as well as the number of reviewers, the review procedure itself and the comments of the reviewers may vary.
1.4. Review of manuscripts is confidential. The author trusts editors the results of his scientific work. Disclosure of confidential parts of the review of the manuscript violates the author's rights.
1.5. Editors do not report information about the manuscript (including information about its receipt, the period of review, review process, critical remarks of reviewers, and the final decision) to anyone other than publisher and reviewers themselves. Violation of confidentiality is possible in the case of a statement of unreliability or falsification of materials. In all other cases, its preservation is mandatory.
1.6. All manuscripts undergo mandatory verification of the uniqueness of the author's text with the help of paid licensed software (in accordance with the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the companies Plagiat.pl and "Antiplagyat"). The text of the article is sent to the mailbox email@example.com (the formats are .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .odt, .ppt, .pptx, .html, .pdf, .pages, .gdoc.
II. Review procedure
2.1. All manuscripts submitted to the editorial board are sent to the two reviewers on the research profile. Chief Editor of the journal assigns reviewers. By the decision of the editor-in-chief of the journal (under certain circumstances) the appointment of reviewers may be entrusted to a member of the editorial board. In some cases, the issue of the choice of reviewers is decided at a meeting of the editorial board.
2.2. The peer review of the submitted material takes place within 14 days. The review period may vary with certain conditions for the most objective evaluation of the quality of the materials provided, but will not exceed one calendar month.
2.3. The review is conducted confidentially on the principle of double-blind peer-review, neither the authors nor the reviewer do not know each other. Interaction between the author and the reviewer is possible if it will improve the style and logic of the presentation of the research material.
2.4. The conclusion of reviewers is the main tool for making a decision on publication, refinement or refusal. Only after the decision about printing of the article it is passed to the publisher on the e-mail address (SMS message, etc.).
- The scientific journal "Professional Art Education" adheres to the open access policy on the content of articles on the principle of free access to the public in order to facilitate a more global exchange of knowledge. Full-text access to the scientific articles of each issue is presented on the official web-site in the section "Archive". The archiving policy ensures the reliability of the issue and individual articles, their immutability and compliance with the originals.
- The materials are licensed under the CC Attribution-Non Commercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), under which the author allows you to copy, transfer, edit, modify, refine the content; the author does not allow the use of his or modified material for commercial purposes (Noncommercial); to retain the reference to previous authors defined them in the form of (Attribution); the work that has been edited by the following author should be subject to the same license CC BY-NC-SA (Share Alike).
- The editorial board of the scientific journal "Professional Art Education" reserves the right to distribute information about the articles or their fragments which have acquired the published status without informing the author about it, but keeping their copyright in accordance with the Law of Ukraine "On information" in electronic and paper forms.
- Journal editorial board "Professional Art Education" adheres to copyright and exercises its powers within the framework of the Law of Ukraine "On Copyright".
- The authors have the right to submit original scientific articles containing the results of historical, theoretical or experimental studies of artistic education for the purpose of publishing to the issue "Professional Art Education" a publication for review.
- Authors must confirm that the submitted materials are not being considered in other editions and correspond to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements described in the Guide to the authors.
- Authorship should belong to those who have made a significant contribution to the development, design, execution or interpretation of the study. Anyone who has made a significant contribution must be registered as a co-author. All who participated in certain aspects of the research project should be named in the confirmation section.
- The author (s) of the article must sign and send the author's agreement for the publication of the materials to the journal editorial board. If the journal editorial board decides to reject the article, the aforementioned agreement is canceled and loses legal force.
- The author / authors reserve the right to:
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part for educational purposes.
- use the materials of the article in whole or in part to write their own dissertations.
- use the materials of the article for the preparation of abstracts, conference reports, as well as oral presentations.
- place electronic copies of the article (including the final electronic version downloaded from the official collection website) to: personal web-resources of all authors (web sites, web pages, blogs, etc.); web resources of institutions where authors work (including electronic institutional repositories); non-commercial open source web resources.
- detect significant errors or inaccuracies in your own submitted (published) work and notify the editor of the journal or publisher for rejection or correction of the document.
In all cases, the availability of a bibliographic link to an article or a hyperlink to its electronic copy on the official website of the collection of scientific works "Professional Art Education" is mandatory.
The journal editorial board condemns the manifestations of plagiarism in articles as a violation of copyright and scientific ethics.
All manuscripts are subject to mandatory verification of the uniqueness of the copyrighted text using paid licensed software (according to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and Plagiat.pl and Antipagliat LLC).
The text of the article is sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org (formats are supported .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .odt, .ppt, .pptx, .html, .pdf, .pages, .gdoc).
The author can independently submit the text of the article for anti-plagiarism check and send the results (scanned copy of the document - example) together with other materials.
If the article contains more than 20% of the borrowed text without corresponding references and the use of quotes, the article qualifies as containing plagiarism. In this case, the article is not considered, and the author receives a warning message.
Avoid plagiarism is possible under the following conditions:
- use quotes for words taken literally from a source or three points (space and three dots) for a part of the omitted quotation;
- limiting the use of direct quotations;
- the placement of corresponding references to borrowed text (sentence, phrase, any statement, proposal);
- paraphrasing information or its generalization in other words;
- obtain permission to reproduce illustrations, tables, drawings taken from other authors, placed below each item.
Plagiarism on yourself is considered unethical. The author may cite only short phrases from another own work with the placement of the relevant links.