Choose a language
- The author submits to the editorial board an article that meets the requirements of the editorial policy of the journal and the preparation of articles for publication. Manuscripts that do not meet the accepted requirements will not be registered, and not allowed for further consideration, of which the authors are notified.
- The article shall be registered by the executive secretary (administrator) of the "Professional Art Education" journal, with the date of receipt, the title of the article, author’s full name and place. The article shall be assigned an individual registration number.
- The executive secretary (journal administrator) shall carry out a preliminary assessment of the articles for compliance with the content, scientific character and thematic focus of the journal.
- All manuscripts are subject to mandatory verification of the uniqueness of the copyrighted text using the appropriate software (Unicheck). The editorial firmly condemns plagiarism in articles as a violation of copyright and scientific ethics. If more than 15-20% of borrowed text is found in the article without proper references and quotation marks, the article shall be qualified as containing plagiarism. In this case, the article is no longer considered, and the author receives a warning (if there is a scientific advisor, he will be also informed).
- Under positive conditions, the article will be sent for review to editorial board members, scientific editors of the sections and to the relevant subject matter specialists.
- All manuscripts submitted to the editorial board will be forwarded to two reviewers according to the area of research. The Editor-in-Chief appoints reviewers. By the decision of the Editor-in-Chief (under certain circumstances) the appointment of reviewers may be entrusted to a member of the editorial board. In some cases, the issue of the selection of reviewers is decided at a meeting of the editorial board.
- Reviewers can be both members of the editorial board of the "Professional Art Education" scientific journal, as well as third-party highly qualified specialists who have deep professional knowledge and experience in specific scientific areas, generally, Doctor of Sciences, Professor.
- After receiving the article for review, the reviewer, within 3-5 days, estimates the possibility of reviewing the materials, based on their own professional qualifications and the absence of any conflict of interest. If there are any competing interests, the reviewer may refuse to review and inform the editorial board. The editorial board should decide on the appointment of another reviewer.
- Within 14 days the reviewer takes decision on the publication of the article. Review timeframes may change in each individual case to create the conditions for the most objective assessment of the quality of the submitted materials but should not exceed one calendar month.
- Reviewing is conducted confidentially on the principle of double - blind reviewing, when neither the author nor the reviewer knows about each other. The interaction between the author and the reviewers occurs through the executive secretary of the journal (journal administrator). At the request of the reviewer and with the agreement of the working group of the editorial board, the interaction of the author and the reviewer can take place in an open mode such decision is made only if the openness of the interaction will improve the style and logic of the
- After external review, the editorial board makes the final decision on the possibility of publishing - " accept", "revise", "reject" etc. The corresponding decision is sent to the author by e-mail.
- After the final analysis of the article, the reviewer fills in a standard form (review form) containing summary recommendations. The editorial staff will email review results to the author.
- If the reviewer indicates the necessity of making certain corrections to the article, the article is sent to the author with the suggestion to consider the comments when preparing the updated version of the article or refute them with arguments. The author adds a letter to the revised article (containing the answers to all comments) and explains all the changes made to the article. The revised version is re-submitted to the reviewer for a final decision on publication. The date when the editorial board gets a positive conclusion form the reviewer shall be considered the date of acceptance the article for publication).
- In case of conflict of interest, the author of the article has the right to apply to the editorial board of the journal with a reasoned explanation of his own position. In this case, the article is considered at a meeting of the working group of the editorial board. The editorial board may send the article for additional or new review to another specialist. The editorial board reserves the right to reject the manuscript, if the author is unable or unwilling to consider, the reviewer’s recommendations. At the request of the reviewer, the editorial board may submit the article to another reviewer from subject to the principles of double - blind peer review.
- The final decision regarding the feasibility of publication shall be taken by the editor-in-chief or, on his or her behalf, by the members of the editorial board. In some cases, the decision on the possibility of publication may be taken by a meeting of the editorial board. After the decision on publication is made, the executive secretary (administrator) notifies the author and indicates the expected publication date.
- In the case of a positive decision on the possibility of publication, the article will be queued. Based on the relevance (in some cases, at the discretion of the editor-in-chief), the article may be published out of turn, in the forthcoming issue of the journal).
- The final decision on the composition of the printed articles will be recorded in the minutes of the meeting of the scientific council of Kharkiv National Pedagogical University named after G.S. Skovoroda, which will be noted on the second page of the journal cover.
- Once approved for publication the article shall be submitted to the technical editor. Minor stylistic or formal corrections that do not affect the content of the article are made by a technical editor without the author's agreement. If necessary, the technical editor can contact the author of the manuscript for approval, thus entitling him to see the final layout of the article.
- Responsibility for copyright infringement and non-compliance with existing standards in the material of the article rests with the author of the manuscript. The author and the reviewer are responsible for the accuracy of the facts and data presented the validity of the conclusions, recommendations, and the scientific and practical level of the article.